- Serves: 4
Check out this Wagyu Beef Sando served with a Simply Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce. This sauce was developed by our fantastic chefs in the Culinary & Innovation Centre. It is based on a traditional BBQ sauce adding Asian flavours of miso and tamarind. It has a rich, umami flavour combined with smoky notes and finished with a hint of spice. This sauce can be used as a finishing sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking or a dipping sauce adding a hint of flavour to any BBQ.
4 Wagyu Beef Sirloin Steaks cut to about 3/4 inches in thickness
6 tbsp of Sunflower Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
8 Slices of Fresh White Batch Bread
Beef Marrow Stock Butter (recipe below)
Simply Asian BBQ Sauce
- Take your steaks out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Take a plate and pour out the sunflower oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of cracked black pepper over the oil.
- Place the steaks on the oil, turning to cover the entire steak.
- Heat up your BBQ to 200°C, place the steaks on the grill and leave to cook with the lid down for 4 minutes, then turn the steak and cook on the other side for another 4 minutes. This will give you a rare steak. If you require medium steak allow it to cook on both sides for a further 2 minutes, and so on for medium and well-done steaks.
- Take the steaks off the heat and place on a chopping board. Cover with tin foil and allow it to rest for a further 4 minutes. Once rested trim any fat off the steak.
- Take your fresh white bread and butter with the Simply Marrow Stock Butter (recipe below). Spread some Simply Asian BBQ Sauce over the bread and fill a ramekin with more sauce for dipping.
- Place the trimmed steak on one slice of bread and cover with the other.
- Cut the sandwich into three long slices for ease of dipping.
Beef Marrow Stock Butter
200g Unsalted Butter
25g Simply Beef Marrow Stock
Method: To make the butter take the butter and stock out of the fridge and let both come to room temperature. Once at room temperature mix together in a bowl until fully incorporated.
If you would like any further information on the Culinary Food Group products used in this recipe or any other within our ranges please do not hesitate to reach out to the team or contact us here.