- Serves: 6
A superb Easter recipe of Baked Ham with Demerara & Mustard Glaze served with Butter-Glazed Rainbow Carrots. The recipe serves 6 with some leftovers for delicious sandwiches the next day!
1.5kg Whole Bone in Ham
1 tbsp Peppercorns
3 Bay Leaves
500g Rainbow Carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and cut into 1″ pieces
Simply Sauces Demerara & Mustard Glaze
Simply Prepared Lemon & Chive Butter Pellet
For the Ham
- Start by placing the ham in a large pan. Cover with water, a quartered onion, peppercorns and bay leaves. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the pan and leave to cool on a chopping board for a few minutes. Then remove the skin using a sharp knife. Try to leave as much fat as possible behinf, as this will help keep the ham moist and will add flavour.
- Score the ham, then brush on Simply Sauces Demerara & Mustard Glaze
- Place in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes, basting with more of the glaze half way through cooking.
For the Carrots
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Toss carrots with Simply Prepared Lemon & Chive Butter.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and browned, take out of oven and add a little more butter to garnish.
Get in touch with The Culinary Food Group if you are looking to develop any recipes or products for special occasions such as Easter. We have a wide range available from Natural Stocks and Sauces to Pasta, Ready-to-Eat Butters, Crumbs and much more!