- Serves: 10
A Christmas dessert with a difference!
Simply Cranberry & Apple Mincemeat
Simply Prepared Christmas Spiced Butter Pellets (x10)
250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
50g icing sugar
50g ground pecan nuts
125g unsalted butter, cold
2 large free range egg yolks
2g vanilla paste
- In a kitchen aid beat the butter and the icing sugar with the paddle attachment until smooth and fully incorporated, add in the egg yolks one at a time scrapping down the side mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and ground pecans on the lowest speed and mix until the dough comes together.
- Put on a floured surface and kneed briefly. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Dust a clean surface and a rolling pin with flour, then carefully roll out your pastry, turning it every so often, until it is about ½cm thick.
- Using a 6cm circular cutter cut out as may circles as you can, reform the dough and roll out again, cut out enough circles until you have 24 altogether.
- Ease the pastry circles into a greased cupcake tin.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of Simply Cranberry & Apple Mincemeat into each pastry case and place a disc of pastry on top, press the edges together and pierce the top of the pies with a knife making a little incision. Or if you are feeling even more festive place a pastry Christmas shape on top!
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- While the pies are baking whip the cream with the vanilla. Once the pies comes out of the oven let them cool a little and turn out on to a clean surface. Place the Simply Prepared Christmas Spiced Butter pellet on top of each pie and a dollop of Cream Chantilly on the side.