- Serves: 2
4 sheets of Simply Pasta Lasagne Sheets (100g)
200g heritage tomatoes, sliced approx 1cm thick
200g white crab meat
100g white onion, finely chopped
150g fennel, finely sliced, keeping the fronds separate
10g garlic, crushed
10g olive oil
50ml white wine
30ml pernod or other pastis
200ml Shellfish Simply Stock
20ml lemon juice
30g grated parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 140°C, on a tray lined with parchment paper, add the slices of tomato, drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 1 hour.
- In a medium hot pan, add the remaining olive oil and add the onions, garlic & fennel, sweat slowly, for approx 15 mins. Then add the wine & pernod, reduce by half and add the cream and don’t forget to season! Strain the sauce and keep warm on a low heat.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta sheets for 3-4 mins until al dente. Be careful to ensure the sheets don’t stick together.
- Warm the crab in half of the sauce and build the lasagne layers; pasta, 4 tomato slices, a spoonful of the crab and repeat until finished.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan and fennel fronds. For the WOW impact, using a hand blender, blitz the remaining sauce until foaming and spoon over the top, serve immediately.
- Serve with focaccia & high quality olive oil.