- Serves: 4
Salmon and Crayfish Fiorelli with Lemon & Sage Butter
Lemon & Sage Butter
Handful of fresh Chopped sage
¼ tsp of cracked black pepper
To make the butter take the butter out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Once at room temperature add the sage and cracked black pepper and mix until it is fully incorporated. Set aside until your ready to cook the pasta.
Salmon & Crayfish Pasta Filling
120g Cray Fish
50g Crab Meat
400g Ricotta Cheese
50ml Whipping Cream
Zest and Juice of ½ Lemon
1 tsp Chopped Dill
Salt Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and place in the fridge until the pasta is rolled out.
300g Flour plus more for dusting
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs plus 1 for the egg wash
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add in the eggs all at once. Mix them together well using your hands. Add the olive oil and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Form into a ball and leave in the bowl, covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
- Flatten one piece of dough by hand. Run it through the thickest setting on a pasta machine, then take the rollers down two settings and run it through again to make it thinner.
- Now, fold it in half and run it back through the thickest setting again, repeating this a few times for super-smooth dough. Start rolling the sheet down through each setting, lightly dusting with flour as you go. Turn the crank with one hand while the other maintains just a little tension to avoid any kinks or folds.
- Take it down to 2mm, then lay the sheet flat and stamp out circles with a 12cm ridged cutter.
- Working quickly, spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of filling into the middle of each, lightly brush the exposed pasta with water, Place another cut out circle of pasta on top of this, gently pressing to squeeze out any air, and seal.
In batches cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and return to the pan add the butter and toss until all the butter is melted. Serve immediately spooning more melted butter over the top, add some flash fried sage leaves for some extra texture.
The Culinary Food Group – Simply Pasta
The Culinary Food Group are pasta manufacturers, creating delicious filled and unfilled, fresh frozen pastas. Inspired by Italian recipes and developed by our culinary & innovation chefs. Get in contact with us today, and work with us on your pasta projects.