- Serves: 2-3
- Prep Time: Under 30 Mins
- Cook Time: 40-45 Mins
8 large chicken thighs, bone in skin on
30g ginger finely diced
Juice & zest of 2 lemons
50g brown sugar
1 clove of garlic crushed
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat an Oven to 200°C/ 190°C fan
- Combine, honey, sugar, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, zest and half the gin in a small pot and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes until it reaches a consistency where it is sticky but still pourable.
- Add the remaining gin and more to taste if necessary, to balance the sweet honey.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ until hot.
- Sear the thighs skin side down until bar marked, turn and sear on reverse for 2-3 mins.
- Transfer the thighs to an ovenproof dish and place skin side up.
- Pour the Gin & Honey glaze over the chicken and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is nice and sticky.
- Serve with summer salads and enjoy!