- Serves: 4
Our Simply Stock is perfect for preparing Asian broths and Ramen recipes. When creating our natural stocks we slow roast the bones, resulting in wonderful colour and great depth of flavour. The perfect addition to your recipes!
For the Broth
1 Litre of Simply Stock – Chicken
1 Litre of Simply Stock – Pork
360g Ramen noodles
3 Spring onions, finely sliced and kept in ice water
For the Tare
60g Light Soy Sauce
1 ½ tsp Sake
25g Caster Sugar
1 dash of Rice Vinegar
For the Oil
125ml Vegetable Oil
12 Medium Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Red Thai Bird Chillies, finely minced
1 Tsp Sugar
Roasted Char Siu Pork
Soy Pickled Eggs
Method To Make Oil
- Combine the vegetable oil and 10 of the cloves of garlic in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until it starts to brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until garlic turns completely black (about 10 minutes – garlic will become very sticky in the process).
- Transfer mixture to a heat-proof bowl and add sesame oil.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high speed, about 30 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan and add chillies and remaining garlic.
- Cook gently over low heat until chillies and fresh garlic begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Stir sugar into oil mixture.
- Season to taste with salt.
Method to Make the Tare
- Place the mirin, sake and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the soy and vinegar, bring back to the boil, then set aside.
Method to Finish the Dish
- To serve, divide the hot stock between four bowls.
- Add a tablespoon of the oil and 3 tablespoons of the tare to each – this seasons and balances the flavour of the stock (you may want to add slightly more or less tare to the stock depending on flavour preference).
- Blanch the noddles in a pot of boiling water until al dente, this takes no more than five seconds if they are fresh – then immediately drain and place in the bowls to stop them congealing.
- Place a rectangle of the char siu pork into each bowl, along with a drained egg cut in half and bamboo shoot.
- Garnish with a sheet of nori and spring onions, then serve immediately.
If you would like to find out more about our Simply Stock or any other TCFG product, please do not hesitate to contact us.