- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 00:30:00
- Cook Time: 01:00:00
Tip: Marinade overnight for added deliciousness!!
Welcome welcome foodies!!! Have you been experimenting with any nice recipes in your kitchen lately? Here’s one for you to try out at home…….A devilishly tasty Spatchcock Chicken with a Caribbean Glaze and Charred Pineapple.
Haven’t come across Spatchcock before? You wouldn’t be alone but in fact the term has been around for quite a long time and many speculate that it has its origins in Ireland. One suggestion is that the term is an abbreviation of ‘dispatch the cock’ a phrase that was commonly used when a quick and easy chicken dish needed to be prepared. Basically though, spatchcock is just another way of saying butterflying.
Wherever the term originated our easy to follow recipe has been carefully created by our chefs so you can tuck into a juicy and delicious dinner in no time.
Here’s the ingredients you’re going to need…..
- 1 Chicken, spatchcocked
- 5g allspice
- 5g chopped thyme
- 15g brown sugar
- 5g chopped habanero
- 5g salt
Pineapple Fire Sauce
- 200ml water
- 400ml Pineapple juice
- 80ml Hot Sauce
- 25ml Fresh Lime juice
- 5g chopped coriander
- 30g distilled white vinegar
- 5g salt
- 30g white sugar
- 500g Pineapple Chunks
- 15g Brown Sugar
- 300g natural yoghurt
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and rub the chicken, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Combine pineapple with brown sugar & set aside.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients withholding the coriander, bring to the boil and simmer for 40mins, add the coriander and allow to cool.
- In a preheated oven 200C, place the chicken on a flat baking tray and cook for 50mins.
- Preheat a grill to high, coat the chicken in a layer of the sauce and place directly under the grill element for 5mins, repeat twice more. Keeping the rest of the sauce as a dip.
- For the pineapple, heat a griddle pan and cook for 2mins on each side until black bar marks appear.
- Serve on a board with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped chilli and fresh coriander dotted around.
Best of luck with you spatchcock chicken – we’re sure you’re going to love it. If there’s a particular recipe you’d like us to create for you when not send our chefs a message. They love a good challenge and experimenting in our kitchen so don’t be scared!
Thanks for dropping by and see you soon.