- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 00:30:00
- Cook Time: 00:30:00
Hello there food lovers! The countdown to Christmas has begun and we are most certainly feeling the Christmas spirit here at the Culinary Food Group.
We hope you have enjoyed our recipes throughout the year. Did you make any? We have some great ones lined up for 2019!
We have a great Christmas recipe series for you this year. First up, is a delicious dish of Pan Seared Scallops, Crispy Black Pudding, Roasted Cauliflower Puree and Acidified Apple.
If you’re unsure of a starter to make, this is the one to go for! Let us know how you get on.
- 18-24 Queen scallops, Roe removed and put to the side
- 500g black pudding sliced into 1.5cm discs
- 50g olive oil
- 150g salted butter
- 1kg cauliflower cut into florets
- 200ml cream
- 150ml good quality shellfish stock
- 5g coarse sea salt
- 2g freshly cracked black pepper
- 100g granny smith apple, very finely diced
- 3g malic acid
- 150g water
- Mix the malic acid and water and allow the apple to soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large pan heat a knob of butter and quickly cook the cauliflower and scallop rose before putting on a baking tray and into the oven for 20mins until soft and tender.
- Transfer to a blender with the cream, 20g butter and the stock and blend until completely smooth, if possible pass through a sieve. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a pan on a high heat, add 25g oil and add the black pudding and fry until crispy on each side place into the oven to keep warm. Wipe down the pan and add the remaining oil, add the scallops and cook for roughly 3mins each side, adding the remaining butter on the second side to caramelise, until just opaque in the centre.
- Smear the purée down the centre of the plate before arranging the black pudding and scallops on top and sprinkling the apple cubes on top.
Happy cooking!! Up next we’ve got a gorgeous Beef Wellington main course for you to try….