It looks like the truffle trend is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Here at the Culinary Food Group, we have been using truffle in just about everything from glazes, dressings, BBQ favourites, burger melts, filled pasta and ready-to-eat butter. These black and white fungi are so versatile, adding earthy, sweet and musky aromas to any dish. We have created a delicious truffle pasta dish below for you to try…and remember less is more when it comes to using truffles!
Truffle and Pecorino Ravioli with a Porcini Cream & Micro Basil – Serves 2
Simply Truffle & Pecorino Ravioli
6 porcini mushrooms
50g white wine
100g Simply Chicken Stock
200g double cream
1 large banana shallot
1 clove garlic
1 tsp white truffle oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh pecorino for grating
Micro basil to garnish
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat, add shallots and garlic and cook until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms, cook until soft.
- Add the Simply Chicken Stock and wine, and reduce by half.
- Add the cream, white truffle oil, salt & pepper and cook until the sauce thickens.
- To cook the ravioli, bring water to the boil, and a pinch of salt and place the ravioli into the water in small batches. Cook until pasta floats to the top.
- Add your porcini cream into the freshly cooked pasta, top with freshly grated pecorino cheese, sprinkle a little micro basil and drizzle with white truffle oil.