As we near the end of the first month of 2021, we look back on the last four weeks. Did we manage to form any new, healthy habits? In particular, around the food and drink we consume.
At the Culinary Food Group we have a range of products that can assist consumers kickstarting or continuing their healthy habits this year. We have a variety of fabulous natural and nutritious stocks which can contribute to many health and wellness products. For example, our stocks are rich in collagen which may offer improved gut, joint and skin health.
Within our pasta range we can offer enriched pastas, wholemeal, gluten-free and vegan options, without compromising on taste, texture or consistency.
Or perhaps you are looking to create a calorie reduced range? Without cutting flavour, we make some excellent nutritionally balanced sauces that are low in fat, sugar and salt, and taste great! We can produce ambient stir fry sauces, which can be added to stir-fry veggies and lean protein to provide a healthy, high fibre meal.
The following recipe contains many nutritional benefits and is perfect for this time of year:
BONE BROTH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
10g Olive Oil
200g Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
200g Carrots, chopped
100g Celery, chopped
1.5L Simply Chicken Stock
Handful of Parsley, chopped
Sprig of Rosemary
200g Simply Wholemeal Pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Simply Chicken Stock and herbs, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta, cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Taste, season as necessary, and enjoy!