Mexican cuisine is one of the most popular in the world and offers an array of flavours, textures and ingredients that make it so delicious.
The staples in Mexican cuisine are corn, chillies and beans while avocado, tomatoes and rice also feature heavily. Some of the most well known dishes include tacos, fajitas & enchiladas, but there are so many other unique dishes from Mexico. Some of these include Mole- a rich spicy sauce with chocolate, Pozole- which is chicken or pork broth using corn, herbs and spices, and Tamales – boiled pockets of corn dough stuffed with meat and served in banana leaves.
Here at The Culinary Food Group, we love Mexican flavours and offer a range of products that are inspired by Mexican cuisine. Our chicken and pork broths are the perfect starting point for making Pozole or Tortilla soup. Our Simply Stocks are also a great base of flavour when making Mexican inspired stews, such as Tinga de Pollo – a slow cooked flavourful stew with chipotle peppers. We can also create fantastic Mexican inspired sauces such as Adobo and Mole and have a range of ready-to-eat, flavoured butters to top corn on the cob, like our Mexican taco butter.
To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, we have made a delicious Pozole recipe using our Simply Pork Stock which we think you will love.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 250g boneless pork shoulder, diced
- 250g andouille sausage, cooked & sliced
- 1.5 litres Simply Roast Pork Stock
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 120g Coriander, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Optional toppings: radish, red cabbage, coriander, lime wedges, sour cream.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Brown pork and sausage, drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, hominy, coriander, onion, spring onions, chilli, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and pepper. Cook, covered, on low heat for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Top with radish, coriander, red cabbage, sour cream and lime and enjoy!
Contact us today if you would like further information on our natural stocks, sauces, pasta or culinary prepared ingredients, and see how we can help you create fabulous products inspired by cuisines from around the world!